Monday, May 4, 2009

[*Final Logo(Drymounting)+Reflection] PROJECT THREE: Group Logo Recration

Here are the materials (logo, drymount tissue, a blackboard, a metal rule, a clean plain white board  and a cutting board)
Measure the black in 8x8 inches and cut the square out.
Iron the drymount tissue (only the middle) on the back of the logo.
Cut out the logo in pre-set size, 6x6 inches
Measure the margin on the blackboard, then iron the cut out logo's corner on the board.
Place the logo on the bottom, and layer the white board on top of it. 
Wait for about a minute. 
A drymounted logo is created!

Reflection:
This logo recreation project gave me to opportunity to learn more about the logo I recreated, which is Starbucks logo. I researched Starbucks' history in order to learn the background of the logo; at the same time I spent hours on drawing this logo. I do see that I have space to improve in recreation design. I enjoy the process that I drew this logo. Besides creating a logo, this project required us to work in groups, it was a chance for us to learn to work with other people. My group communicated well with each other, and I do see that we did a successful job on the presentation! Drymounting is a technique I learned from my photography class, this project required us to mount our logos on blackboard. I thought I could use a technique that I learned and apply to other related classes. This was a good chance for me to use a technique that I learned and used on this assignment. 

No comments: